Wednesday 1 May 2013

Etude House - Apricot Candy

A couple days ago Mir made our hearts skip a beat when she showed us the super cute Tony Moly - G105 glitter polish. Today I have another absurdly cute Korean polish brand to share with you all. Earlier this year Etude House came out with the Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails collection and I was smitten the second I laid eyes on them. There are four colours in the collection and I managed pick up two of the four, Apricot Candy (what I'm sharing today) and Strawberry Stars. I must say, these Korean cosmetic companies really know how to market their products because I think the cuter the packaging the more appealing the product is. I must admit my main purpose of purchasing these polishes was because the ice cream bottles were so darn cute. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this colour despite orange being one of my least favourite polish colours. I think what made changed my mind about this polish was the mix of glitter. Take a look at this macro shot:

Too pretty to resist!
This way for swatches!



Super cute ice cream bottle!

In direct light

In indirect light


Apricot Candy goes on very sheer and the orange is hardly noticable with one coat. But with more layers the orange tint eventually shows up. As you can see from the swatches above the polish builds up pretty well each additional layer. I found the polish to be a slightly watery and I did have to fish for glitter and place them in bald spots. I was worried the orange base would alter the colour of a non-orangey base colour so I played it safe and applied one layer over China Glaze - Sunset Sail.

I was waiting for a couple months for my local Asian beauty supply place to have these in stock but I couldn't wait any longer and ended up buying them from eBay. They were only $5USD or so and I think for that price you can't really go wrong...even if you just want them for the adorable bottles!

Annie




*****If you haven't entered our giveaway yet head on over, only 28 days left!*****


7 comments:

  1. Omgosh! This so cute - both the polish and the packaging! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I'm such a sucker for cute packagine :P

      Delete
  2. I love the bottle and the polish! What a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH so freaking cute!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously! and so cheap too :D

      Annie

      Delete
  4. thanks Jasmine :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete