Saturday 18 July 2015

NYX Matte Lipstick in Aria

Today, I have NYX Matte lipstick in the shade Aria. It looked much darker online and in the tube than it did on the lips. I was hoping for a darker shade but it turned out to be pretty bright. Since I am still experimenting with cosmetics and lip colours, it was pretty scary to wear it and realize how bright it was. 

Like most NYX lipsticks, it comes in a basic black plastic tube with a clear plastic middle to show off the colour. It is not good for displaying right up as the name only shows on the bottom.




see more below the cut~




One swipe is definitely not enough for coverage! Others have said one swipe was enough but...not for me :( it took about 3 swipes to build up to the opacity I wanted. But the more I used it, the better the formula felt. It was quite smooth for a matte and not chalky!

Natural light: Top - three swipes / Bottom - one swipe



The real kick was when I took a tissue to wipe off my lipstick, it looked like it stained my lips and I was wearing another brighter colour. I was cringing at the thought of showing up to work with bright pink lips. Luckily, a little bit of lip scrub made most of the colour go away.

After the initial wipe off



Product: NYX Matte Lipstick in Aria
Where: Ulta, NYX, Rexall
Price: $6 USD
Overall: 3.5/5. For the price, it's an OK lipstick. The formula takes a bit getting used to as I had to layer it on for opacity (and I am sooo lazy). I really like the colour and for a matte lipstick the formula is pretty forgiving for lip imperfections. The staining wasn't as bad as the initial wipe off.

2 comments: