Wednesday 23 December 2015

Crabtree & Evelyn for the Holidays

Hey friends,

It's been a while..but if you've been following my instagram (@_mirch) or Annie's (@anniepolishes).. we're still showing our loves for nails and cosmetics :)
Been feeling under the weather right now but I hope these products make you smile. It definitely did when the mail man dropped this off at my doorstep =)

Do you need last minute gift ideas for the holiday (like really last minute)? Well if so, I have a great choice for you!
Crabtree & Evelyn placed their hand creams in an adorable Christmas themed holiday tin. These 3 scents aren't limited and include one of my favourite scents from them - Avocado, olive and basil!
The set includes: 
  • Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy (25g)
  • Avocado, Olive & Basil Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy (25g)
  • Citron, Honey & Coriander Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy (25g)



  • These tins also come in many different trios. Check out their website (linked below) for more details.

    These creams aren't greasy and absorb very well into the skin. Out of the 3, the avocado one was the thickest and pomegranate was thinnest in texture. The citron one was strongest in scent.




    This set retails at $29 CAD and can be bought at any Crabtree & Evelyn boutique or online.


    Next we have two fall/winter hues of nail polish. Both are in the red category. One is Wine and the other is Cranberry. Cranberry is a brighter, solid red fitting of it's name. A staple in many people's manicure collections. Like my mom's, she quickly asked if it was for her when I opened the package. 
    Wine is a darker burgundy red.

    left: Wine right: Cranberry
     Formula wise, they are on the thin side but it allows for smooth application and a fairly quick dry time. I like that these polishes had a thinner consistency yet both only required two coats for full opacity. However, I did prefer a 3rd coat for Cranberry since there was a very faint visible nail line after two coats, not noticeable other than to me because as you may know..I am super picky when it comes to VNL!
    This is my first time trying Crabtree and Evelyn polishes and I have to say I am quite impressed with their quality of lacquer. They have a huge range of colours to choose from and I cannot wait to purchase more and see how they are. Especially their Black Tulip looks like it would be an amazing duochrome!These polishes retail at $10 CAD but often has deals such as right now (12/23/15) Buy two get one free and can be bought at any Crabtree & Evelyn boutique or online.


    Feel free to ask any questions below..

     Happy Holidays !

    Miranda





    Quick Links:
    http://www.crabtree-evelyn.ca/



    these items were given in exchange for review. all opinions are my own. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment